Thursday, January 5, 2012

Carpets du jour

The past few days, we've been hiding inside from the single digit bone-chilling weather. I would surmise that the weather lately has felt like a Nor'easter--but without all the snow. In fact, there is not an inch of snow here. We have only a dusting of what looks like powder sugar on our lawn.



So, Christmas this year came just in time to insulate and cheer up our bare floors. I now look forward to early mornings when I can swing my legs out of the bed and touch down onto warm wool with my toes. I'm a little late to join Club Chevron, but it'll be the first and the last time I do. (I plan not to go overboard with the latest trend in home decor.)

IMG_0532


As we wait for the fun white stuff to cover our sledding hill behind our home, we try to get clever indoors. Hint: lots of Play Dough. To my advantage, my home has also been much more clean and I seem to be on top of folding laundry. Rock on.

So, here we are in January. Blah. And then on to Feb-Brrrrrr-uary. As New Englanders call it, winters here are 'wicked cold.' I think they're on to something. BUT--one thing I'm not missing this season are the bitter gusts of wind that have made the Midwest winters infamous.

I'm counting my blessings.