- My children's disobedience to Daylight Savings nearly killed me. Why didn't I unscrew the lightbulb in their bedroom and lock them inside? Maybe I should have used duck tape to strap them into bed.
- It is no longer effective to say, "Don't get out of bed until the sun is up." Naughty children. Especially that not-so-sweet Indy punk who has a way of persuading her brother how to disobey authority.
- I wish I could survive off 4 hours of sleep or less. Alas, it is not so.
- If no miracle occurs tomorrow on election night, at least I witnessed one tonight at dinner when Finn the Finicky Food Eater declared, "Good job, Mom," after gingerly tasting a bite from his plate. One experimental spoonful turned into two, and so on...[silent fist bump from me].
- I still can't get used to Peyton Manning wearing an orange jersey. It's so wrong. Soooo wrong. And to think that I didn't care one iota about NFL football.
- I like the name Peyton. On the list.
- Boy still hasn't gotten rid of our Indianapolis Colts decal on our car window. Call it love. I've been waiting for some die-hard Patriots fan to blow up our car.
- As for blowing up cars, I recently forgot to turn my engine off when I filled my gas tank. No, we didn't blow up, but the thought crossed my mind.
- I'm relishing rare naps with my Indy girl. Her fuzzy golden hair tickles my chin and her warm skin still smells of Heaven. She reminds me that she's no longer a baby, but it's in that moment that it feels right to be sending her off to grow up while I prepare for another baby.
- I wish that somebody would put Halloween candy out of my reach. Sometimes having to be a responsible adult really bites.
- I am a Neti Pot convert. Overcome your stubborn fears like I did, and breathe happily.
- I love it when Boy comes home with a paper bag from Panera: hot cheddar and broccoli soup in a sourdough bread bowl.
- Eating ice cream outside during this time of year qualifies us for some kind of prize. When it comes to ice cream, we are no wimps.
- What's better than ice cream? Homemade smoothies. And smoothie mustaches.
- We drink so much apple cider a week that we think it's starting to replace the blood in our veins.
Which cider is better: Vermont or New Hampshire?
It all tastes the same.
For the record, local tastes best. Grocery store imported brands taste rotten.