Friday, July 15, 2011

Raspberry Obsession

July2011 284

Raspberries, raspberries...yum, yum, yummy. 
One for the bucket and five for my tummy.


July2011 279
July2011 300A


As a child, I loved summer raspberry picking in my grandparents' backyard. I would eat half of the bucket and my Granny would exclaim, "you need to leave some for us to make jam!" If I could live off raspberries for the rest of my life, I'd be happy as a lark.

Between my two kids, one reminded me of myself as he inhaled as many as he could smack his lips on. And even though I tried, the other didn't appreciate the raspberries one bit. She spat them on her collar in defiance. Whose child is this? Not mine.

July2011 330
July2011 304A
July2011 319A


I love having a variety of "pick your own" farms in my neck of the woods. Especially raspberries. We came home with almost two pounds, and it's not enough.

We're coming back for more, Poverty Lane Orchards.