Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mowing the Lawn is Fun to Do, Fun to Do, To Do, To Do!

636A

It's a party at our house when it's time for a good Saturday cleaning. This particular charade won't last forever, so one day, I plan to memorize the words to the "Happy Working Song" from the movie Enchanted. There must be something about the song that summons wild animals (and perhaps, children?) in a Pied Piper-like manner to accomplish household work cheerfully. Once I have the lyrics down pat, you better believe that I'm gonna squeak it out as outlandishly animated and high-pitched than Gisele sings it--complete with lively arm and finger movements that I'll have to rehearse doing in front of the mirror. (No, I won't be pulling out my wedding dress and tiara, thank you very much.)

For now, childhood innocence is on my side. Thank goodness for that.

619A
623A

*Title inspired by [this] children's song. I think my own mother used this tactic to get me to clean my room.