Sunday, December 11, 2011

King Arthur Flour Taught Me



Dear Mom,

I've made some new friends out here. Can you believe they invited me to take a pie-making class? I don't even need to bring along my kids in order for them to like me. I'm in good hands out here.

When you come visit New England, we're going to King Arthur Flour.
You. Me. Baking Class.
The men in our lives will be astounded at the mad skills we'll learn.

November2011 082

November2011 096


Dear King Arthur Flour,

I think I've finally got it. I can craft a perfect pie crust and I can't believe it's made WITH butter. After all these years, I'm no longer afraid to make pie. Blind-baking with beans? Genius. I'm never going to lay a fork on my pie crust ever again. I'll be singing your praises until the day I die.

Your new friend,
Britt

p.s. I was at first a little skeptical of the Lemon Chess pie, but since Thanksgiving, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. And the Fall Fruits Crostata? Best when served warm with vanilla bean ice cream. Whoa.

p.p.s. I'll be back. Conquering the perfect loaf of bread is next on my list.


November2011 090




[Have you seen the new Google Chrome commercial featuring King Arthur Flour? They are headquartered just down the road from my home. They freakin' rock. And have you flipped through a KAF catalogue? You can request one for free and I guarantee that you'll be drooling over it. ]