Saturday, September 3, 2011

One

Ten little, nine little, eight little Indians,
Seven little, six little, five little Indians,
Four little, three little, two little Indians,
One little Indian Hoosier girl.
--a popular children's rhyme...with a slight adaptation


September2011 078A

September2011 093A

September2011 110A
September2011 162
September2011 166A

--I'm glad that I didn't have to put up with any Labor Day weekend jokes this year.

--Indy isn't your average one-year-old. She needs to pack on the fat and grow some teeth.

--Huckleberry Finnegan's mane of hair is out of control. It makes him look like a cuddly baby lion and it's long enough to pull into a pony. Yet, I still let the hair grow wild.

--Don't remind me of the irony that my daughter can't grow hair. Summer is too hot for bows and headbands, so I make careful wardrobe decisions so that outsiders do not mistaken her femininity.

--I love Pinterest for many reasons. The latest reason is for the best buttercream frosting I have ever made.

--Indy ravaged that cake like a starved Tyrannosaurus Rex.

--I was surprised she allowed her brother to dig into it too.

--Boy was mighty proud of his son for choosing which T-shirt to wear today. I'm getting the impression that the Huckster has telepathic abilities because how else does a two-year-old know it's game day? College football season is back, yo.

--Low-key birthday parties are the best. For that reason, I wish my kids were turning one every year.